The New Jersey West Point Field Force is hosting a United States Military Academy virtual meeting for rising freshman, sophomores, and juniors. The virtual briefing is scheduled on May 12th at 7:00 PM.
We are a volunteer organization assisting students in their application process to West Point including providing relevant information regarding the many opportunities at West Point. In the past, our members have met with your staff and students to update them on the Academy and admissions process.
We are hoping your staff will participate by attending and by spreading the word to your students by posting the attached PDF.
To many educators, West Point is often seen as off limits to potential Candidates. Yes, the competition is keen but there are ways to help our young people in finding the path that best suits them, including a career as a leader in today’s Army. We are including a link to an admissions blog which answers many questions as well as PDF document which covers important facts about West Point. Some of the items we cover are:
· Admission’s Blog. The admissions blog will answer many of your questions and give you an idea what graduates will be doing after graduation. We strongly recommend you check out the blog.
· The large number of humanities and social science majors at West Point. It is more than an engineering school.
· The CORE curriculum which includes composition, literature, 2 semesters of a foreign language, US Government and History, Economics, Mathematics, Cyber and Science.
· All-expense paid internships like working at the National Security Council in Washington, visiting London to watch Shakespeare’s plays, going to Oxford to study philosophy, working at RAND Corp, Council of Economic Advisors, Goldman Sacks, A T Kearney, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, State Department, Manhattan DA’s Office, and the World Bank.
· $27 million allocated for cadet research supported by 26 research centers.
· The West Point Graduate Scholarship Program which prepares cadets to compete for fourteen prestigious scholarships including the Rhodes, Marshall, and Fulbright programs. Last year West Point had 40 graduates win these scholarships.
· The four pillars of the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT program not available at any other college. Character, Academic, Physical and Military. At West Point, Cadets will learn and incorporate the ideals of loyalty, respect, integrity, courage, and honor in their daily life. They will learn failure can make them stronger. Going outside their comfort zone helps them grow. Character is relevant. Grit makes the difference in success in life. Finally, the concept of ‘never, ever quit’ becomes part of their DNA
· Participation in one of the 130 Cadet Clubs including Academic, Sports, Hobby, Military, Religious and Support Clubs.
· Full four-year tuition ROTC scholarships available at over 1100 colleges and universities.
Please take the time to review these materials. We are here to help the students.
We look forward to working with your students and staff.
Join Villanova University this summer for the NROTC Summer Seminar, a unique opportunity for rising high school seniors to experience life at Villanova and get a closer look at our well-regarded NROTC program!
This four-day program will provide young men and women a better understanding of the balance between college life and NROTC commitment. Participants will gain valuable insight into the rigorous academic and physical fitness expectations required to obtain an NROTC scholarship and learn about admission requirements of a top-tier university.
Dates: June 19-23
Cost: $625 (covers dorm, meals, and swag)
Deadline to apply: April 25, 2022
Maximum number of participants: 50
Location: Villanova University
Staff: Villanova students, NROTC midshipman, and newly commissioned Naval officers. NROTC staff will oversee camp.
If you are interested in competing for a Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps Scholarship, this program might be the right place for you. This program will be held at Villanova University June 19-23, 2022. Participants will leave with a better appreciation for Villanova academic programs and campus life, as well as information about other colleges and universities that have NROTC programs on their campuses.Any questions regarding this opportunity can be directed to novanrotcsummerseminar@gmail.