Tuesday, April 10, 2018

 
John Carroll University
JCU Campus


Spring has arrived, and summer is just around the corner! We're hoping you can spread the word to your students that the John Carroll University Young Writers Workshop (YWW), a week-long summer camp at John Carroll University, is now offering both day and residential options, so students from anywhere can experience and learn inspiring and rigorous creative writing! This year’s workshop takes place from July 30 to August 3, 2018. Here’s a video about our program. For more information about the JCU YWW, please visit sites.jcu.edu/yww. To apply to the program, please visit sites.jcu.edu/yww/the-program/how-to-apply.

As a published writer, I have always sought out other writers to share my writing to improve my craft. Community is essential to my experience of being a writer. I founded the YWW in 2010 because I believed that high school writers also craved a space to read, write, and share their work—with established writers and peers. Mentorship and community provide the kindling for the writer’s fiery desire to write great stories and poems. The alums of the YWW have proved me right!

If you have questions, please contact me via email at pmetres@jcu.edu or call me at 216-397-4528 or Anna Hocevar, the English Department assistant, at 216-397-4221. You’re also welcome to join our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jcuyoungwriters.

Sincerely,

Dr. Philip Metres
Director, John Carroll University Young Writers Workshop
 
John Carroll University Office of Admission
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, OH 44118
enrollment@jcu.edu • 888.335.6800

No comments:

Post a Comment