Thursday, May 8, 2014

Students Blog on Prep Day 2014 – Connecticut College Visits

       Fairfield University was definitely a school that has grabbed my attention. Its location is ideal for the kind of school I would like to attend. Fairfield was located in a nice town and actually felt like a suburb and was not too far away from a city life. Its campus caught my eye, from its beautiful hills to almost everything about its entire location. The people there and our tour guide were all extremely welcoming. Besides its beautiful campus, what it has to offer interests me even more. Being preexposed to the school by family, I already know in my mind that I want to study abroad. Fairfield offers an amazing study abroad to Florence, Italy which I am very interested in. Fairfield will definitely be receiving an application from me next fall. 

– Paul Chiurazzi

Of the three colleges we visited on Prep Day my favorite was Sacred Heart University. I felt the most comfortable there; the students were very inviting and personable. The campus, although small, was very nice. The thing I enjoyed most about Sacred Heart was the accessibility to all parts of the campus, nothing was too far from another making it easy to walk around. Overall, I found Sacred Heart to be a college that would interest anyone looking at a smaller school and one that I will be interested in the future.

-Tim Critchlow


       I really enjoyed my trip to Fairfield University. It is just like a Prep away from Prep. The vibe the students gave off was just like the one here at school: friendly and welcoming. The teachers and classes seemed just like Prep’s with a good teacher to student ratio and friendly faculty. Fairfield also cares a lot about the Jesuit ideals of donation and service; when we visited there was a “Jail N’ Bail” fundraiser for the Special Olympics and in this event a student would post a ‘bail’ for someone else and that person would be in a jail cell and would have to call friend who would post bail and get him or her out. That is just like the mission drive here at Prep. Fairfield is definitely one of my top schools to apply to!

- Daniel Garrett


My favorite school on this trip to Connecticut was Fairfield. When I saw Fairfield, I just tried to imagine myself as a student there. Even though it was a rainy, wet day, all of the students there seemed to be having fun and connected by some way or another. Whether it was kids at a lunch table studying for finals or Jail N’ Bail, it seemed as though everyone there loved it and wanted to be as connected as possible. They also have a great academic standard as well as having some of the most highly regarded professors on the East Coast. 

-Michael Dwyer
        In my opinion, out of the three colleges visited that day, Quinnipiac University was by far the most impressive. Even with the rainy weather we had, I could admire the rural setting of the campus. One of the many great aspects of the school was the quality of its facilities, most notably on the upper campus (student center/sports center). I liked the Communications Center, with its updated equipment open to all students. The associate director of admissions, who gave his own tour of the upper campus, was also great. He was very welcoming to us and enthusiastic about the school. The one thing that I had mixed feelings about was the freshmen rooming situation, which consisted of either two roommates or four. The tour guide said that students could inform the school on which arrangement they’d prefer, but that there was no real guarantee. Personally, I would have no problem rooming with four people, but I would prefer it if I really had the ability to choose. Overall, the tour surpassed my expectations and succeeded in making the school one of my top choices.

-Daniel Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment