Friday, May 16, 2014

For Sophomores:
Being a teen is a weird and difficult time. I myself went thorough this is in sophomore year. They call it the sophomore slump. I remember that I felt like I was in this never ending state of limbo and I couldn't control it. Everything started to seem heavier and bleaker. Now some of you may feel great and are having a great time right now. But for the ones that are not, All I have to say as a Senior who is about to graduate is that it gets better. As you become more mature as a young man, you begin to understand yourself and start to find out what your interest are and what you are passionate about. When you find these things, you begin to accept yourself and come to terms with who you are as a student at Saint Peters Prep. If you are questioning why you are here or asking yourself what’s the point, just hold on because you have your whole life in front of you and that itself is a bumpy ride. I think the best feeling I had in the last four years was finding out who I truly was and not letting other people such as my friends or family choose my identity for me. Once I found this, I became much happier with myself and Prep.  There's nothing more important in life than having love and happiness. When you know who you are as a person, nothing can stop you. Now as you all get ready to unwind for the year, think about what I just said and ask yourself, who am I? What do I Love to Do? What makes me happy? You may not find all of these things right now, but as you go through your years at prep your confidence and character will Grow and you will feel much better about yourself. I hope that this message got to some of you who are feeling like you are in a state of Limbo. Again, it gets much, much Better. 

Senior, Class of 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment