Thursday, April 15, 2021

 

John Carroll University
JCU Campus
Spring has arrived, and summer is just around the corner! We're hoping you can spread the word to your students that the John Carroll University Young Writers Workshop (YWW), a week-long summer camp at John Carroll University, is now accepting applications. Both day and residential options are available, so students from anywhere can experience and learn inspiring and rigorous creative writing. This year's workshop takes place from July 19 to July 23, 2021. Here's a video about our program. For more information about the JCU YWW, please visit sites.jcu.edu/yww. To apply to the program, please visit sites.jcu.edu/yww/the-program/how-to-apply

If you're wondering about the student experience, read how 2017 YWW alum and now JCU student, Julia Kashuba, enjoyed her time with YWW:

I attended the Youth Writers Workshop in the summer of 2017 as an incoming high school senior. I grew so much as a writer since then, and the program definitely sparked a new understanding of writing in me. It helped me to reach depths that I hadn't reached before and to learn many new tactics regarding both poetry and prose. As a current JCU student, I can easily say that the YWW was what made me realize that John Carroll is the right place for me, and will be my home for the next chapter of my life. The YWW opened up so many opportunities for me, including making connections with the faculty and staff, receiving a scholarship for my writing, and currently being enrolled in a training course to become a JCU Writing Center consultant! I still keep in touch with some of the people I met during the workshop, and I see a couple of them around campus all the time. At the YWW, you will meeting people that will inspire you to follow your passions, you will feel a new connection with John Carroll's beautiful and serene campus, and you will be able to work on yourself as a writer and creative soul!
 
In 2021, we are presently considering offering both online and in-person options, with a possible overnight option. Students are able to let us know their preference on the application form! 

Email me at pmetres@jcu.edu or call 216-556-1101 or our Graduate Coordinator, Ashley Worthington at 330-564-7770 with any questions. Join our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jcuyoungwriters

No comments:

Post a Comment